View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 07:30   Link #193
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Because before that the excuse to complain wasn't incestuous toothbrushing, but the Shinobu bathing, before that the Nadeko fooling around, before that Mayoi's handstands, before that Tsubasa posing on Koyomi's bed, before that Karen's crotch on the street, before that Tsukihi's boredom in the sitting room... and all the time the same complain, there is too much ecchi in Nise- since half of them were not fanservice. These were also prevelent in Bake- and Kizu- whether some want to forget them.
And some of the complaints are valid. Whilst you may think some people are overreacting, people like me find it difficult to see why people can't see a significant difference in the level of fanservice/ecchi in Nise compared to Bake.

I don't give a rat's ass about whether or not one LN was more/less fanservice centric compared to each other or in their animated adaptations. An anime should be assessed on the anime itself, or else this will be like trying to argue something like Persona 4 is a great anime because it's dead loyal to its source material. That's a load of bollocks if you ask me. What works in a manga, LN or game does not always work in a visual animated or motion picture medium.

I came into the Monogatari franchising liking the dialogue and character interactions in Bakemonogatari. Fanservice was there but I didn't mind too much (cept for the Nadeko Snake arc). Nisemonogatari retains largely the great dialogue and character interactions when it chooses to do so, but unfortunately half the time it seems to go off-course and instead of developing character or moving the plot, muck around with whatever otaku fetish they feel like exploring. Half the time. I don't recall Bake resorting to this amount.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-02-26 at 07:47.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote