View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 17:28   Link #507
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Some stuff was never explained, for example:
- what happened with Sai's "brother"? How did he die. Also to see Sai displaying real emotions. We saw the always calm Sai being enraged and attacking with full power, that was nice. Also this way he and his "brother" got a "happy end" for their story.
it just begs the question of whether it was necessary to explain it or not. theres plenty of padding a story like this can have, but it becomes a choice between necessary info and over explanation. Sai could have become enraged during a fight without having to resurrect his boring pointless brother. and theres also no need to have said boring pointless brother have a happy ending, since the readers barely care about him, if at all. i sure dont

Quote:
- what happened with Hanzou, his connection to the samurai guy and to Pain.
the hanzo stuff was interesting and fairly necessary as well. he's in the category of ET zombies who actually mattered to the story and were interesting. at least in my book.

Quote:
- Sasori did die in a strange way: he let himself be stabbed. Now he got his happy ending. Also this let Kankuro become the official number one puppet master of this generation.
sasori was a full on villain. i dont see why a happy ending for him was necessary or desired. kankuro advanced way too quickly to be on sasori's level already. that made no sense.

Quote:
- Gaara also had a pain hidden in him like Naruto had before he met his "evil self" and then his mother. Usually in shonen manga when such mental problems are resolved the character also gets better at fighting
true, but it still doesnt require the fans to sit through a boring fight when an interesting one was possible. i agree that gaara is a big enough character to keep developing like this and i actually like the base story of what happened with his father here and the resolution of his mother's feelings, but like i've been saying. make it interesting, especially if they are fighting already anyway. itachi was testing sasuke in their fight and that was an awesome fight
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote