View Single Post
Old 2007-04-13, 01:15   Link #201
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I believe it's written by the person who wrote the Kanon game, adapted for anime by the person who adapted Rozen Maiden and Kashimashi. And I believe the character design is by the character designer for Da Capo, adapted by the character designer who did that for ARIA. And the director directed Utawarerumono. I think the writer for Kanon and the character designer for Da Capo made the game, and then got the others to adapt it for anime, while still retaining some involvement. Maybe someone else knows more detail.

I found episode 1 highly professional and very promising.
From ANN:

Jukki Hanada
Burn-Up Scramble (TV) : Scenario
CODE-E (TV) : Screenplay
Gakuen Alice (TV) : Script
Hanaukyo Maid Team: La Verite (TV) : Script
Happy Seven (TV) : Script
He is my Master (TV) : Script
Ichigo Mashimaro (OAV) : Screenplay (ep 1)
Idolmaster Xenoglossia (TV) : Series Composition
Kannazuki no Miko (TV) : Script
Kasimasi - Girl Meets Girl (TV) : Series Composition, Script
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (TV) : Script (eps 4,6,8,10,12)
Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful (TV) : Scenario, Series Story Editor
Petite Princess Yucie (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-3,6,9-11,14,16,20,25-26)
Popotan (TV) : Script, Series Story Editor
Red Garden (TV) : Screenplay
Rozen Maiden (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1,2,3,7,11,12)
Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre (special) : Series Composition
Rozen Maiden: Träumend (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-2,6,8,10,12)
sola (TV) : Series Composition
Strawberry Marshmallow (TV) : Screenplay

That's certainly a good track record in my book - I emboldened the ones I've seen AND liked. Also, the art director (Yoshinori Hirose) is from Zero no Tsukaima, and so far I think he's done quite a good job.

The director (Tomoki Kobayashi) has a more mixed history. I didn't think Utawarerumono had good directing. It had AWESOME art (practically Ghibli-on-a-budget), good acting, exceptional OP and ED, great chara designs and animation, and... weak directing and screenplay that caused cheesiness quite often. In other words, I thought he was the weak point. He is also a Rozen Maiden alum, though.

Despite being smacked on the head by a lack of originality at several points in ep1, though, I'm quite looking forward to episode 2. And as you say, the production does have a professional/quality feel to it, whatever its faults may be. As opposed to Lucky Star, which I enjoyed more, but is somewhat reminiscent of South Park, quality-wise.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote