View Single Post
Old 2009-05-31, 09:48   Link #17
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
If you're speaking with the manga in reference, then no, there's no point of a debate.
Anything I say in regards to FMA 1 on a more positive note than FMA 2 will get an automatic shot down methinks, but since I'm going by impressions of the two anime wise only, it's how I'm interpreting it.
It only gets an automatic shot down when people's comparison of both series is based on innacurate convictions that the constantly serious and angsty way FMA1 did things is what the series is supposed and has to be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
As for speed, there may be tons of material (not that I know any better save for what the latest volume is on sale atm), but then again what's the hurry?
Aside from being restricted by an fixed episode count, I don't see the need to rush tbh, they waited 4 years for this series to appear... :\
They probably want to get the material already shown in the previous series over with as quick as possible, so as to avoid having the viewers getting bored and comments such as yours "at this point, FMA 2 is still hashing over the same storyline as FMA 1" etc.

I don't agree with it either, but that's how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Pretty solid episode, but the real surprise comes in the preview for ep10, because it looks like they'll be adding in a significant flashback which does not occur in the manga until way later.
I can only hope they won't try to skim through that flashback (while showing it much earlier than supposed) the way they did with the other one in episode 2.