View Single Post
Old 2010-08-24, 13:57   Link #1047
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how the heck Lelouch is supposed to fulfill CC's dream of being truly loved by someone (romantically) and yet not be in love with her...??
I don't think it was only romantic love C.C. longed for. Sure, her Geass was shown to have that effect, but back then, she thought she had already experienced "platonic" love, which was later proven to be false. She was also pretty young at the time and might have dreamt a lot about what "true love" must be like, realizing only later that other things could be just as important. In her long life, C.C. never experienced true kindness until she met Lelouch.

While I think LelouchxC.C. makes for an interesting (and pretty) pairing in theory, I personally never saw much romance between the two. They always were accomplices first in my eyes, their kisses more a reminder of their contract than a sign of future romance. Lelouch never put any feelings in them like he did with Kallen and Shirley - and I'm not necessarily talking about romantic feelings, but the fact that C.C. always took him by surprise and never gave him the oppurtunity to react in any way at all.

C.C.'s and Lelouch's relationship was important, but so was that of Lelouch and Suzaku. It doesn't have to mean anything in the romance department. Code Geass was never much about romance in the first place, so I'll believe the creators if they even go to the trouble of shooting a potential pairing down though they didn't exactly do that with LuluSuza! Echem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
I wouldn't really stress this point if it weren't for his actions upon her death. I mean, he didn't even react that way on Nunally's 'Deaths' (The one with Mao, then the one before his Rolo scene.)
Uhm, no, during the Mao incident, he looked like he was about to lose it completely where he knelt - kind of like Suzaku a few minutes later, only a bit more... permanently -, and when Nunnally "died" a second time, he first went into denial, then threw away an incredible useful tool (Rolo) without a second thought, and was about ready to die even before Schneizel entered the equation. And that was after he had decided that she wasn't the only thing important to him (aside from his revenge, of course, but he endangered even that easily enough for her at the end of season one). Not to mention that he was never present when Nunnally "died", while Shirley was right in front of him - and it was kind of his fault, too. (But it usually is. Life hates Lelouch, after all, and he isn't the most prudent guy, either).

Not saying he didn't care deeply about Shirley, but Nunnally is, well... Nunnally.