View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 18:11   Link #41
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I consider the first part of this episode to be a rare failure in terms of storytelling, which kills me because I love this show to death. I understand what happened with Satoru's cantus perfectly, but the random minoshiro hallucination went on forever, especially if they're not going to give any information about what we're supposed to be watching.

Also, people mentioned that Saki can't have her cantus given back because neither she nor Satoru know her mantra anymore. However, I had assumed that the only reason it worked on Satoru was because he was tripping balls for no adequately explored reason, and since Saki had come out of it already, it wouldn't work on her now. Unless it's a spoiler I'd appreciate some clarification.

The rest of the episode sees us back to the oppressive and eerie atmosphere that made the show so good to begin with, so thank heavens for that. Satoru was right that it would have been folly to turn their backs to the enemy, but everything they're doing still stinks to high heaven of being a Bad Idea(TM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I don't think Satoru's morally wrong in doing what he's doing, it's essentially fighting for survival and morality be damned when it comes to that, but he's being rash and trusting one side too much. It's very clear that the colony that's "helping" them doesn't give two hoots about them if they don't have their cantus. Saki is smart but she has erred and I am afraid the queerrats led them to a trap of sorts. There is no fucking way they didn't act on the suspicion that only Satoru is a "god" right now.
Yeah, there's nothing trustworthy about these guys. Saki is starting to clue in, maybe Satoru too, but they're in too deep now, especially if they suspect that Saki is powerless. Either way, Satoru is being used to cut a path, or perhaps they're just honest about wanting revenge for having nearly the whole clan wiped out. They're only friendly because Satoru has a power that they both need and fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Oh and the death feedback (or just exhaustion?) is starting to get to him too. It's kinda obvious that they will both survive but that's quite the cliffhanger nonetheless.
I assumed it was death feedback, same as the monk.