View Single Post
Old 2006-11-26, 23:31   Link #440
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
but this time i am afried it may destroy the story since we already know their route and destination and where they are going to pass so ... they can't add any more islands or places to create filler.
What makes you say that? all it takes a little bit of re-writing...

Example...
Spoiler for manga:

or how about something like...
Iceburg: The marines maybe still be on your trail and may follow you to water 7... perhaps you should take the sea train to one of the other islands and lay low for awhile...

or maybe...
Iceburg: The marines maybe still be on your trail and may follow you to water 7...
Luffy: but we need a new ship
Franky: actually we can take the seatrain to [blank] island... there's another shipwright yard there that you can use...

or hey they can do a detour like they did with that filler arc that came after Lougetown... they head off in the right direction, then all of sudden some shit happens that those them temporarily off course; like crashing into a moving island... or the marines show up and chase them off course and they wind up landing on another island for awhile... shit happens and they forced into new arc before they can leave and get back on course...

Ya, there might be some problem with those, but i'm just pulling these out of nowhere... given some more thought, or becoming an actual writer(), i could probably do better... overall, it wouldn't too hard for the writers to temporarily throw the story into a new direction and get back on track later... and they can make it even easier if they make those arc's many episodes long, as opposed to only 2 or 3 episodes...

Quote:
Maybe they can take a filler vacation... you know, to get a tan and stuff. They really need it.
heh, they could also make a 3 or 4 episodes of what happened those 3 days they waited on water 7... kinda like what they did in lougetown
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote