Thread: Cars anyone?
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-04, 20:27   Link #11
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Why would you want a 20 year old economy car? Let's not confuse the hachi roku in initial d for any random one off the streets. Even in the begining of the series it was a highly tuned machine. After it got the new engine it was pretty much race tuned. Bunta probably had the guy who put it in detune the engine a bit so it could be used for day to day use, but it's still not something you can compare a typical one too. You're unlikely to find a hashi roku in decent condition, and even if you do it'll probably have 100k+ miles on it. Wasn't one of the points of Bunta getting the STI to show Takumi that the hachi roku pretty much sucked compared to newer cars?

Get a late model used car with good gas mileage. When gas is $5-6 a gallon your wallet will thank you.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of RX-7s and STIs. Though with gas the way it is, I'm kind of glad I have a protege instead of something with a rotary engine or a street legal rally car.
I want a "20 year old economy car" just as a simple, first, project car. I'm also considering getting a 240sx, hopefully with the sr20det, but i'd settle for a KA, though those tend to blow a lot. Point is I'm actually trying to get into drifting and whats better than the classic hachi roku. I mean it's cheap, theres TONS of parts for it. It's a budget thing ya see?
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote