Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-20, 08:08   Link #16633
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Except in this case it was the Israelis who repeatedly sabotaged the peace processes by going on with the colonisation and occupying lands beyond those delimited by resolution 242.

Well it does go to the credit of Israel's PR efforts that people would still believe "Islamist wackjobs" are the cause of it. It's true though that the PLO's moderates are getting more and more marginalised by the Islamists, but what do you expect when the Israelis constantly undermine whatever the PLO manages to negotiate? Hamas gained ground solely thanks to their loss of credibility. Ironically Israel originally supported Hamas as a counterbalance to Arafat's PLO; we can now see how successful that was.

That's the main reason Mahmoud Abbas is going to the UN even if he knows he'll fail. Because if he doesn't do a PR coup, the PLO will keep loosing face to the Hamas in the eyes of the Palestinian people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It is only the israelis orthe palestinian than are responsible but both of them, wackjobs are on both sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It isn't really the Israelis themselves or in general. It is their version of Big Corp......property developers kept on looking for land to build on so they can sell more and earn more money.

Because both the Israelis, Palestine, UN and Mideasterners each has their own version of territorial lines, the property developers just "build first, talk later". When the tenants "come under attack", the IDF kneejerks and goes in with guns blazing, creating another conflict.

I don't believe that either the Jews or the Muslims are bad - it is just that both sides have lard-eating dogs and bitches as well as mindless nuts to be brainwashed by the former.
I just think there won't be any peace until both sides quit their "Destroy or be destroyed" mentality.