Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Zettai Karen Children ~ The UNLIMITED
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 16:32   Link #107
Clarste
Human

I know I complained about the last episode mixing the series too much, but I have to say that this episode handled it very well and was kind of, well, awesome. I liked it a lot. Hopefully everyone already forgot (or never remembered) my complaints about the last episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Not seen the original series nor the manga, so watching a badass criminal organization like PANDORA get their arses handed to them by three school girls who power up by striking a weird pose was a bit of a mixed affair. At least they didn't succeed in the end.

And whilst I like the comedy Minamoto and his friend provided last episode, having those three girls huff and puff after the whole ordeal was over kinda reduced the seriousness of the conflict a bit for me.

Maybe I ought to watch the series so I have a better idea of what is going on.
I admit it was kind of weird to suddenly see them start bawling, but I think that's kind of the point. They're "Children" after all. Hinomiya's comment that using underage espers as military agents is meant to reinforce this theme. Are these kids really emotionally mature enough to handle these kinds of jobs? I mean, they're teleporting grenades into people's faces. What if they hadn't dodged? How would this pouting girl have reacted to being the cause of a bloody mess? Although, knowing the girls they're probably fake tears anyway.

"Child soldiers" are a recurring theme of the series. Is using Espers as weapons from an early age really any better than discriminating against them? If you pay attention to Hyoubu's age as given in episode 2, he was a soldier in the Japanese military at age 7, and both "died" and was posthumously promoted to Major at around 12. Someone shot a kid in the face with a gun.

As for powering up by striking a weird pose, how is that any different from what Hyoubu does every episode? "Release the limiter" is just something the series does. I can't say I like it, but it's already been used in the spin-off anyway.

Last edited by Clarste; 2013-01-28 at 16:43.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote