View Single Post
Old 2016-06-25, 00:29   Link #96
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

You know, bad English pronunciation from foreigners really seems to irk a lot of people. It surprised me to see that there are people who find songs bad just because of poor pronunciation... If anything, mispronunciations just make me smile. Guess it's my linguistics background, not to mention listening to doom+death metal a lot as a child and finding the lyrics incomprehensible 70% of the time, and today being a huge fan of Yuki Kajiura and Yoko Kanno songs that have lyrics that aren't even an actual language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemage098 View Post
gensis of aquarion its in english and jap.you'd never gues its a japanese sing i think akino sings it plus the opening the world god only knows
Well, to be fair, AKINO and the rest of bless4 were all born in the US and only moved to Japan in the late 90s or so. They're fluent in English.

REBECCA, an old band I'm very fond of, made some English versions of some of their songs. Some of the differences are pretty interesting: there's MOON (Original Japanese, English) and I'll also mention Vanity Angel (Japanese) and One Way or Another (the English version). Also, abingdon boys school (Takanori Nishikawa/TMR is the vocalist here, and he was mentioned earlier in the thread) has a number songs that are all, or half in English. Few examples are Nervous Breakdown (no lyrics on this video unfortunately, but I think he's pretty comprehensible), and Valkyrie.

Moving away from that, there are a suprising number of covers by Japanese artists of English songs. KOKIA and Ayahi Takagaki have enitre albums like this. And then you have exciting things like Atsushi Sakurai (lead vocalist of BUCK-TICK, who did op/ed themes for Shiki, Trinity Blood, and Nightwalker) singing Space Oddity! or JiLL-Decoy association (who have a good deal of English songs as well) covering Take on Me.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.

Last edited by -Antares-; 2016-06-25 at 05:50. Reason: Oh no, the dreaded extremely minor typo...
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote