View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 15:15   Link #3531
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I find it even more worrying that you are equivalencing the fear of a military invasion to the desire to keep assault weapons.

If Taiwan gets invaded, it ceases to exist. You are saying to lose your precious guns means America would die... Which I guess, I HAVE heard online very frequently. In the same breath as claiming Obama is a communist dictator.

And that's why I say it is asinine. You actually believe your assault rifles is the reason you can still be safe in your own country. That says more about America than anything else. Note that the same mentality exists in the likes of Afghanistan.

No, that's just you trying to twist my words and put new ones in my mouth. Please read through both my response and what I was responding TO first thoroughly before you start jumping to conclusions.

Here, let me try to make it as simple as possible so you can follow:

Ogon stated that gun control even being an issue is by itself bad.

I disagreed, as every country has their own unique circumstances that leads to a unique set of issues to deal with, and provided some examples.

How can that possibly equate to me saying gun control = invasion is beyond me.

And please, stop trying to act like you even remotely know what my believes are or what I think about safety in America in general. You're so blinded by your own preconceptions you can't see out past your own bubble, which ironically makes you behave exactly like the extremists on the other side which you despise so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
There are plenty of US citizens like you who like to talk on behalf of US non USA citizens.
Please, I'd love to see you quote me behaving that way. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Quote:
Most people include semi-automatic into the assault weapon category.
and they would be wrong to do so. If a bunch of people started calling horses elephants, does it make the two of them the same?

Quote:
Anyway, for easier understanding, when people talk about a ban on assault weapons, they are talling about a ban on semi-automatic, there, happy now?
Also incorrect. When people talk about ban on assault weapons, they're talking about a ban on "assault-looking" weapons, while dealing little with their actual capability. There has been no national ban on semi-automatics, which would in effect ban the vast majority of modern (and frankly non-modern) firearms.