View Single Post
Old 2007-02-10, 13:31   Link #25
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
It was MORE KiraCaga than AsuCaga in Destiny! LOL. I would never forget the "brotherly hug" he gave her after he rescues Cagalli from the fate of being married into the Seiran noble family...that hug possessed more emotion than the hug Kira Lacus showed during their reunion on the Archangel and the Bollywood scene at the SE IV ED...I don't know, the Kira Lacus hugs were sort of always felt like an afterthought for me...>.>;;
I knew I wasn't the only one picking up the twincest vibes, but yeah I think there was a lot of fodder for the KiraCaga couple. I mean not only did Kira steal her from her wedding with knight-in-shining armor flair, but also he shredded Athrun's Savior so badly when Athrun was blaming Cagalli for the way things turned out. He snapped at Athrun when for most of GSD he was pretty even-tempered and for a second I saw SEED Kira again.

Anyway, regardless of whether you see the KiraCaga relationship as romantic or not, I thought the creators spent more time highlighting their affection for each other compared to the KiraLacus and the mess of the AsuCaga relationship. That's why ZAFT!Kira is like

Quote:
Shame on you Bandai! Stop tormenting the AsuCaga fandom! After the harem travesty that was Destiny, Athrun and Cagalli's relationship isn't any clearer than my own shadow in the dark. At least throw some signs that it's Asu something in the movie.
I didn't get the point of Athrun's harem. Honestly, the guy has no game and isn't smooth with the ladies at all . In fact the only time I thought he was smooth was the way he went after Cagalli in SEED. In GSD he was gauche and awkward, and the creators didn't develop any of his other possibilities, he either ran away or ignored them. If it was to make Athrun look like a pimp or a "ladies-man", then the creators failed miserably. I mean his gross inattention to all his ladies surrounding him solely highlighted his hyperattention to Kira's feelings at the end of GSD...what message were the creators trying to send?

So IMO in the end it looks like they destroyed AsuCaga and replaced it with AsuKira. That's the only solid Athrun relationship I see after Destiny.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote