View Single Post
Old 2004-06-09, 22:53   Link #25
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
I saw the uncut version and yeah, it was awesome. One of the best films ever. Even I could easily tell Uma couldn't pronounce Japanese properly, which annoyed me a bit (also the unrealistic switching between Japanese and English). Otherwise the movie was pure beauty. It was so different from the average Hollywood garbage that is made these days.

I heard that in the cut version you can't see Lucy Liu's brain when she gets a piece of her head sliced off. Otherwise they are pretty similar I think.
Isn't she American though? Cut her some slack. In vol 2 her mandarin was horrible. But who cares, I can't expect her to be fluent.

And if you go to Hong Kong, people switch between Cantonese and English all the time. Hell there are even sentences where an English word is just thrown in there but it has the Cantonese Accent. It's really strange.

Vol 2 is a lot more talking. It digs deeper into the Brides character then Part 1. You understand why Bill went to kill her, why she wants to kill Bill, and a bunch of other stuff.

The old man kicks ass too.

However Vol 1 > Vol 2
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote