Thread: Licensed MAZIIING GO! (Mazinger Z)
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-08, 17:37   Link #10
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokuto
As far as I'm aware, there's a statute of limitations on most licenses. I believe the ones for Mexico and America expired years ago.

I am truly amazed at how they managed to mangle nearly every single word of the Japanese lyrics to "Theme of Z" into something completely and entirely wrong and incomprehensible.

Translating "Tekkamen" as "Two-faced man", "Aegan Sea" as "Eege Sea", "Staff of Bardos" as "this wand" twice... They might want to try getting a translator who knows how to look up words they don't understand instead of filling in the blanks with random crap.

This is a shame, because Mazinger Z is such a great show, and deserves so much better than what it's getting here. I'll gladly post corrected lyrics to Theme of Z if they'll just use them instead of that horrible version they have.

My how contructivly nice you are. The only problem was it was a little to literal. The translation was fine. We had two translators go over it. One who has been translating for 10 years. There were a couple issues about the way Kyouji talks. all will be fixed in ep2. The op seemed fine to those that checked it over.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote