View Single Post
Old 2008-03-15, 09:11   Link #167
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
So grahamns mate got killed?

colored dudes are useless in anime, seriously....

cant wait to see grahamns response as ppl close to him keeps on falling one by one...
If by "useless," you mean "chops off arm and gets assist-kill on an army-destroying mobile suit with his own arm already blown off," then you're right.

Graham will be angry, swear vengance as a flag fighter, and fight with a high-speed style Ali only wishes he had.

But...
Bah, this episode just didn't do it for me, for multiple reasons.

The fight was much too linear. The much-vaunted GN arms were pretty much sidelined after blowing a few enemies, and were so quickly overshadowed by the Trans-Am system that they may have well not been there in the first place. After episodes of hype about "if only we had the GN arms," we see what happens when we do. They fire, get owned, and insert Trans-Am.

The tragedy of this episode didn't hit me either. Nothing like the glory of the episode of the Wedding attack. Unlike that one, this episode didn't mix creative use of sound effects, different and varied art styles, and the kind of build up that was used then. For here, it was "Lockon fights Ali. Ali slowly wins, Darryl dies and gives Ali the critical advantage. Lockon abandons his MS, flies to a GN-cannon, and fails to kill Ali. Rather than dying immediately, Lockon is sent flying, rips of Spike, and is presumedly caught in an explosion that he didn't use his jetpack to get away from." That's sad, but it ain't tragic. And he didn't even use Trans-Am! What's up with that?

And of course, no Graham, no international politicos speaking, and not even any Saji. Even during the desert battle, Saji got 20s.

Overall, a mediocre episode. I feel worst for Darryl (who was a Graham friend and had actually been holding his own against the Gundams) and Felt (who never had a chance to be made a woman by Lockon. I think.).
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote