View Single Post
Old 2012-05-08, 21:25   Link #88
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
how is Naruto Shippuuden doing in ratings? i know they're fond of countless fillers like Bleach.
I don't know how Naruto's ratings are doing exactly. However, last time I checked, they weren't doing nearly as bad as Bleach's were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i have a question regarding how the series has performed in regards to arc and fillers for the episodes. would Bleach have done as well as Gintama has done so far by avoiding lengthy fillers and sticking to the actual manga arcs?
Perhaps it would've done a little better. But to be honest, Bleach's ratings likely fell because even it's canon content couldn't keep long time viewers. I bring this point up a lot, but its a valid point nonetheless--that being even the final episodes of the arrancar saga didn't do very well. In other words, the climactic conclusion of canon content that took literally years to build up to, couldn't pull in solid ratings. And while this particular forum most definitely isn't a reflection of how the entire Bleach fanbase feels, it got to a point where plenty of us here were looking forward to Bleach's filler episodes more so than the canon episodes. So I wouldn't be surprised if this general disinterest with the main plot was shared by many others.

Anyways, I'm not too familiar with Gintama. However, I will say that if fillers haven't killed Naruto, then it can't be blamed for killing Bleach. Especially because Bleach filler arcs in general were a lot more entertaining than Naruto's filler. Despite how many people may dislike Naruto's plot, the fact of the matter is its able to keep viewers because it's source material has remained strong enough for the fans that follow it. So if the canon material remains solid, fans (both anime-only and manga followers) will continue to endure filler for the sake of seeing canon content animated.