View Single Post
Old 2010-01-27, 20:03   Link #2332
TeeHee
I know we have bread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginari View Post
If Rosa is completely innocent in EP2, why did she claim to have talked to Kinzo? I can't literally recall her exact words (although I don't remember thinking that she meant anything else), but I do remember that she learned something (the alibis of two people that she apparently suspected) that she would have no reason to accept from anyone else.
Oh yeah, it's in my map:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
Proposed Alibis:
- Kumasawa and Gohda would never do anything of the sort. And Jessica probably wouldn't invite Kumasawa or Gohda into her room in her state of mind... probably an adolescent instead.
- Shannon and Genji were taking Master's orders. Rosa accepts it. "This is backed up by what I heard from Father. The two of you were in Father's room the whole time, copying and witnessing for him. Father and I can guarantee that." She revisits the thought again, George defends her, then she lets her off the hook.
- Kanon is Rosa's favorite scapegoat. But Battler remembers Gohda explaining that Kanon gave his master key to Jessica to open the guest room. Upon request, Nanjo finds it on her body.
Damn, I think you got me there. The only way she could still be innocent is if she misunderstood the muffled voice behind the door. But then again, I doubt she would confuse that voice of his. **sigh**

But I can't dismiss her vomiting on the floor like that (go ahead, argue it's fantasy). Maybe she's partially guilty, partially innocent. This is screwed up.

In any case, even if she isn't fully innocent, she can still be innocent of the first six murders. I need to go over this a bit more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I think Rosa's innocent too (at least, of this twilight), but not seeing Beato get the candy out of her pocket isn't an excuse for it bursting into a cloud of golden butterflies right in front of her. I'm just working under a different rule about fantasy scenes that would allow that one to be presented, namely that it's consistent with the witness testimony heard by Battler.
I can argue that perhaps she didn't actually see a cloud of golden butterflies. A toss of glitter? Smoke bomb? Or perhaps an ace-up-the-sleeve exchange?

In any case, with all of the child abuse going on, I doubt Rosa would want Maria believing in this witchcraft. And yet, she reports at the table that she saw Beatrice, and she's freaked out? This doesn't add up well.

Last edited by TeeHee; 2010-01-27 at 20:15.