View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 15:45   Link #41
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Itachi is a liar, simple as that, 99.9% of what he said when alive was flat out bullshit meant to lead Sasuke where he wanted. He wanted Sasuke to be Madara's (ie Obito) ennemy so he painted him in the worst possible light but now both Obito and Hashirama has confirmed that it was false and that Madara cared deeply for his brother.
I have two problems with this, the minor problem is how Itachi tells that it's written in the Uchiha shrine and we see Sasuke reading the stuff there, and he doesn't say or think that there's a contradiction. The major problem is that Itachi driving Sasuke crazy to take revenge and telling him to kill his best friend does seem a very bad idea, since if Sasuke really kills his best friend that would make him a criminal. And if his best friend is the the host of the kyuubi, a person so important for the village that even the 4th hokage died to seal the kyuubi in him for the village, then Sasuke killing him would be the worst thing (also the last Uchiha causing the loss of the kyuubi for the village), which would definitely make of Sasuke an S-class criminal who has to be eliminated. Of course we can assume that Itachi didn't know that Sasuke's best friend is the host of the kyuubi (before the timeskip). But still, killing his best friend is definitely against Itachi's plan. And Sasuke would have killed Naruto if it was not for the magical power of the kyuubi that healed a mortal wound.

One thing that i can think of is Itachi using reverse psychology on Sasuke, he tells him to do somthing so that Sasuke would never do that. I think that would make sense.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote