View Single Post
Old 2013-12-05, 00:21   Link #199
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l-War-ROME-II?

Stand alone DLC coming out December 12th for $15 bucks. A new "campaign" mode focusing on Rome vs the Gaul tribes, where you can play as Rome or any of the 3 Gaul tribes on a campaign map spanning across 18 provinces with the focus on 24 turns per year.

In addition, they're adding 3 new playable factions to the regular campaign map: Nervii, Boii, and Galatians. They are also adding one historical battle. Too bad they aren't adding "new" units to the current factions. In fact, there is nothing being added to the current factions.

I'll most likely get it (even though I'm not sure all that is worth 15 bucks, but it COULD have been worse ), but it's time they come out with patch 8 that fixes whatever =/. I am looking forward to the mini-campaign because sometimes the regular campaign is just too overwhelming and I'll only have to focus on 18 provinces (which IMO is NOT enough to make the campaign worthwhile). Hopefully, since that this new campaign is a lot smaller, frame rate won't be terrible. Aside from that, still enjoying my time as Rome. My battles are actually lasting longer than before and require a bit more skill. Fighting "average" units alone still takes a toll on my Praetorians; however, I still love being able to defend against a 1 vs 3 barbarian army. My loss is high, but it definitely gives me the thrill of having elite soldiers of Rome defend against hordes of barbarians just as in the movies.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote