Thread: Licensed KimiKiss pure rouge
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-25, 13:48   Link #4047
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
How i miss this series maybe i will follow suite and do a re watch one of my favorites as well. It seems we dont get quality romance shows like Kimikiss as often as we use too.

im still reading Kimikiss various heroins.
Do watch it again. You'll catch on to more stuff too and be annoying by the sister and her friend more too (they annoyed me, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Yeah, kimikiss was so a gem. It has been a while since any anime has made me agonize for the next episode like kimikiss did.
I watched it straight through and couldn't move to the next episode fast enough. It has some really great jaw dropping moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wouldn't mind rewatching it at some point in the near future, plus i need to start Various Heroines.
Start reading the manga! Each volume covers a different girl, its an ingenious, and the perfect, way of handling an eroge. The scanlations are steady and the first volume is already released in NA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Hmm... even though it is a kasai kenichi series I've been meaning to follow for a while, the massive bad publicity that the title received back in the day kind of made me put this title in the back burner. Whatever was that about anyway? I only remember people complaining about an unfaithful version to the original game, a massive backslash in Japan and everything short of posting destroyed Kimikiss merchandise on japanese blogs.
Ignore the publicity and watch it. Its a must for romance fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That last part is really what gets me... none of the unchosen girls ever get to move on with life. Quite cruel and selfish actually.
That is what made this anime great!
Spoiler for Overall Plot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
IT was from the "CORE" fans that the series was hoping to ride to success that caused the series to do poorly on "DVD sales". The core fans were the people that played the game. the series succeeded in one aspect, it help increase the sales for the game when it was reissued a second time during the series broadcast.

Fans were opposed to what they did to some of the characters, they split the male character in two. They changed one of the heroines personalities a little and other small things. I believe kimikiss did well in the raitings, but people that watch TV in Japan rarely buy DVD. Kimikiss DVDs were selling bellow 2000 unit per volume and they were expecting at least 10000 units per volume.
I can understand how they could be angry but splitting the main character is what made the anime great. Its impossible to have one guy deal with significant romances with that many female characters in such a short series. Its a shame the DVDs didn't sell as good, but it still made the game more popular so it wasn't a complete loss.