View Single Post
Old 2004-07-22, 11:07   Link #12
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinkr
So sorry, i'm quite an idiot when it comes to software thing. I just wanna ask, if i install that program will it actually corrupt my pc (cos my pc just recovered from a big major illness) as i don't really like to convert some files to pc.
No, Daemon Tools will not corrupt your PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinkr
The main file for me to convert is .cue file instead of .bin file, rite?

If i were to burn the information into the cds (which i've quite a lot of cds), can i just straight away do that, or do i still need that software to do it?
The .cue file contains some auxiliary information for the .bin which actually contains the actual files. So if you want to burn the image you need a burning application like Nero, Roxio, Feurio!, CloneCD, Alcohol120% and what not (refer to the links above). Point those applications to the .cue file which should be in the same folder as the .bin file and you should be able to burn the data to a disk.

Alternatively, you can mount the .cue (and indirectly the .bin) file with Daemon-Tools and watch them. Then unmount them and delete them if you want.

BTW: I don't think we are talking about movie files since no decent fansub group that I know of release their animes in (S)VCD image files. We are more likely talking about games/warez and what not, aren't we?