View Single Post
Old 2010-06-10, 21:09   Link #103
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Come to think of it, that line fits the mouth flaps for the English dub of To Aru Majutsu no Index without making it too literal. IIRC, that because anime dubbing is ADR recording, they aren't able to keep the word to word translation, but they do at least try to make a few changes in the script to not only match the mouth flaps, but still keep the original content or main idea in the scene (as well as making the dub just as enjoyable as the Japanese soundtrack).

I was also thinking, "Bad luck," "Crappy luck," "Craptastic luck," "Bad day," as other alternatives to Touma's "Such misfortune" without making it overly literal.

I think the Index series have potential to be licensed and dubbed. In fact, maybe a higher of seeing the Index series dubbed than Hayate the Combat Butler.

Anyways, if anyone wants to see my dub cast idea for the Index series, check out this post.
Now that I think about it, the chances of Index being dubbed over here without being seriously gutted is slim because of the heavy christian religious references in it. You know how butthurt some people over here get about their christianity religion.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote