View Single Post
Old 2012-02-08, 18:35   Link #76
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

The Stamina boosting properties of Endurance stop at 40, increasing endurance further is somewhat pointless after that. But I think that hitting endurance 40 is much more beneficial then vitality. And with a shield like the Eagle Shield, you'll be able to tank almost anything with very low strength, and only a modest encumbrance.

As for my own build, here it is:

Spoiler for build:

I'm exploiting the fact that Enchanted weapons have strong scaling with magic to have good melee damage. Add to that the good ranged damage from spells, and I'm pretty versatile.

Stre and Dex of 16 allow me to weild most weapons, in particular I use Winged Spear a lot. Spear allows you to attack while you hold your shield up, and gives decent damage.

Your own build isn't too bad, my only change is that I'd shift your Vit stats into maxing strength and endurance first. Pushing your strength up to 40 quick is important with a strength build in order to allow you to use the heaviest strength weapons 1 handed, though I haven't put much thought into which of those are the best. Obviously, you'll also need high endurance because those weapons are so heavy, and you'll need the weight allowance to weild them with a shield and a decent set of armor.

I wouldn't dismiss Dex out of hand, Dexterity scales well with a lot of weapons, both melee and ranged. Namely bows, daggers, spears, Katanas and curved swords, Dex also providing decent versatility. But there's not much point in putting lots of points into Dex and strength.

Faith builds also can work well, particularly when you remember all the good spells Faith get (including healing, which is great if you're playing co-op).

However, I don't think Faith gets as good weapon scaling as Intelligence does, most Divine weapons max at C or B scaling. It does provide bonus damage from Divine, however. Faith spells are also arguably better then Magic, because they have a wider variety of effects.

I think a good build for Faith might be to focus on Faith and Endurance, with enough strength or dex to wield your favoured weapon. Vitality is not that required.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote