View Single Post
Old 2006-05-11, 10:14   Link #103
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Anyhow, I haven been watching Anime for long, but here are my current top five, ranked in descending (best --> very very good) order:

Top Five:

(1)PlanetES
I haven even completed watching the series, and its already my TOP anime. A Testament to its Divinity. ~~ Finally finished it. Even more reasons why it sould be at the top. To sum it up, this is a REAL series. Real as in realistic. Not one where bad or good is easily defined; its a grey anime, as haruhiko put it. Where good and bad is acknowledged as being intertwined, and even expressed in the same character. WATCH IT.

(2)Mai HiME
Its in this spot for being the Anime that most changed my life. And I mean Literally changed.

(3)Rozen Maiden and (4)Rozen Maiden: Traumend
One of the few series that made me laugh out loud at one turn and cry like a baby at another (Yes, I'm a boy. No, I'm not a sissy. Come and try me if you want ). Also, the only Anime I've watched with a sequel that matches its predecessor step for freaking step. If not better.

(5)Mushishi
Few anime leave me wanting more each time like Mushishi does. For an Anime that emphasizes the Continuation of Life in midst of Tragedy, it deserves this spot. Gets pretty emotional too. (You can see I love Emo)
Eh I'm seeing some love for Last Exile and SP here, so I'll just expand my list a little

(6)Scrapped Princess
I'm putting this first because storywise, it had so much more going for it than Last Exile. This was a truly great show. Funny at parts, gut-wrenchingly sad at others (~okaasan~ ), deeply meaningful too. You can't beat the logic of a 16 year old, egg-loving naive. Arika, Pacifica pwns YOU!!

(7)Last Exile
The world created for this Anime came to life. Music, protrayal, animation/drawing, designs, the armies and system of fighting, the vanships. I loved this because it simply sucked you in. Plus great characters that felt so life-like.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-12 at 09:39.