View Single Post
Old 2006-07-31, 17:15   Link #43
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Eve
To be honest, I felt the same way. I hope Shion doesn't feel too much pain afterwards, honestly... Having someone do that to you is one thing, but hurting yourself that much is another. Anyway, about that loyalty test, I recall that after the Sophomore boys pulled a prank on a teacher (they wroter over his car), the male teachers all got them together and had a long talk. Somewhere during the talk, we came across a story by our biology teacher (I respect this guy greatly) and he told us about his trip to Africa as a Peace Corps. Apparently he got the chance to see this tribes loyalty test where they had to...circumcize... a boys genitals. Painful? YES. The only painkiller was one could bucket of water... After that experience, the boys were then considered men. Going back to Shion, I believe that she proved herself. My respects, honestly.

Regarding Shion, we pretty much have the same opinion. The Arc did a good job with the "distinctions" placed upon Shion, so I won't go any further.

Hmm. About the book, I know nothign about it, but I certainly would love to read it too. Sadly, I'd bet it would be only in Japanese and given that, it would be a tough read for non-Japanese speakers.
Circumcize my self sorry but if it ment that or being killed by the tribe f--k it stone my ass to death at the least the first rock might knock me out first then i dont care what they do. a bucket of cold water man thats rough at least give me a bottle of Jack Danials or Wild Irish Rose so i can be dead drunk when this happens. Oh yeah i totally agree with your post there is no need to go into it but i think you have some very good points.

Lostblue Thanks for the info about the sound novel. i think it would it make an awsome book, since in books you cant see anything you would visualize the deathes and as we all know the human imagination is pretty messed up. Thats funny i would watch Higurashi first then watch Haruhi afterward to offset the depression.