View Single Post
Old 2011-05-27, 05:11   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the best episode in a long time. A nice break from all the drama. We needed a breather, and this episode was perfect.

I've started that despite how cute she is (and she really was adorable in this episode), I don't really care about Menma herself. I'm far more interested in Jintan, Anal, Yukiatsu and Tsukurou. I like Poppo too, but the poor dude's such a fifth wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Excellent episode.

Spoiler for Episode 7:
100% agreed on all accounts. Menma tearing up a bit instead of turning on the water-works made all the difference to me. It made it more genuine and less forced as you said.

I really really loved all the Jintan x Anal moments. It feels great to see them gradually get closer; although at this point, rather than getting closer, it would be more accurate to say they are going back to the way they were. Kind of wish Jinta hadn't started calling her Anal again though. That is such a terrible nickname
It was also good to see Jinta work so hard for Menma. This episode showcased why he was the leader of their group: he cares about others, is a hardworker, and isn't afraid to stand up to others to protect his friends, even if it means getting himself into troubles (total opposite of Yukiatsu ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by icatero View Post
This episode makes me wonder if Yukiatsu knows Tsuruko actually likes him. Her (slightly) surprised expression when he asked her if she wanted to go out with him + her wearing the hairclip made me feel bad for her. I think I'm a bigger fan of this pairing than Jintan/Anaru. Having my two most favorite characters would be amazing.
I'm sure Yukiatsu knows about her feelings. However, since he still hasn't forgotten about Menma and therefore can't respond to them, he's trying not to address the issue for the time being. I think he likes her a lot too, but as long as he can't move past Menma, he can't get with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And they finally found out Menma's wish. Well, now up the long road.
I seriously doubt that is her wish. Seems kind of pointless to make those fireworks now that Jinta's mother is dead anyway...

The wish will most likely have to do with what she wanted to tell the gang. She intended to keep Jinta out of the loop, so I'm guessing it was a present for him or something along those lines.