View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 23:53   Link #36
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Yeah, ch.32 was truly epic. So awesome I had to read it two more times, lol. I don't know what it is about Tsundere characters getting into romance, but when they start to fall for their partner my heart melts. I love watching their expressions as they step into territory unfamiliar to them, and Misaki chan certainly doesn't disappoint.
I have to admit, that's my favorite part about tsunderes... watching when they finally go "dere". Heck, that's what starting to drag me more into these shoujo romance stories, and I'm a guy (but a HUUUUGE sap of a guy at that... yes, I will fully admit to liking all the mushy stuff that people think scares most guys away)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
It's scanlated and posted up, why the spoilers?

Anyway, my hypothesis is that Usui's family issue is behind his unease. We don't know much yet, but it seems that he either has a bad relationship with his family or is orphaned in some ways; either way he didn't seem to have a nice childhood. Seeing Misaki's life probably made him feel like he was an outsider, someone who didn't "belong" in that warm place.

I mean, despite how awesome and gentle he is we still have to note that the man has issues. He can be extremely possessive and there's always that tension on whether he'll be like, well, like he is in this chapter, troubled and uneasy because Misaki hurt him somehow. I like that tension by the way, keeps me on my toes.

As a side note, Suzu (Misaki's little sister) is funny. I wanna see more of her.
With Usui's family, I'm going to agree. he HAS to have issues with them, considering his living quarters: minimal furniture (not even a futon) in a high-class apartment? Something is smelling fishy about that. I suspect that his family is extremely rich, but he wants as little to do with them as possible/ is very alienated from his family. I hope that we get to lean more about his family, no matter how dark it might be

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote