View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 09:19   Link #2043
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
It'd be more interesting than seeing the same girls from last year cause they've had more exposure, I mean Iwasawa even who was 7-42 last year, is already at 5 wins showing just how much the bias is because she had exposure from last year imo. Not to mention the top 8 is almost exclusive ones from the previous year besides Sena.
Let see, her 5 wins are against Menma, Riko, Shiori, Sora, and Iris. Menma is 0-14 and is expected to be really weak. Riko came from a series where you have 1 strong girl (Aria) and the rest of the pack for the most part. Iris already lose to Riko and is a lot weaker than I thought. Sora is one of the girl that I've no clue how she can actually return. Then there's Shiori, who will get zero love unless you're a hardcore Kaminomi fan (and is already defeated by Riko also...)

Hack, Subaru is a newcomer and she beat Iwasawa already. And I don't see Iwasawa winning against Elsie (This one will be close knowing Elsie) and Haqua...

Bottom line is, Iwasawa hasn't really been beating anyone that she's not expected to beat anyway...

If anything, you can argue that the prelim is bias toward old girls and the fact that somehow girls like Sora can get into the show.

Okay, let say you remove all returning girls from Nova. That means 13 new slots. Then using prelim results and I'll fill in those 13 slots...
1 & 2 - Mami & Madoka (Madoka)
3 & 4 - Shirayuki & Reki (Aria)
5. Tomoka (RKB)
6. Ika-chan (Ika Musume)
7. Alice (Kamimemo)
8. Misaki (Kaichou wa Maid-sama)
9. Tsugumi
10. Shinobu (She would qualified for Nova if using the "Never been here" criteria)
11-13 = Mayuri? Kirika (C3)? Ayumi (Kaminomi)? Dalian? Haruka (Amagami)? Ohana (Hanasaku)?

The only difference I really see is even more Madoka girls and even more Aria girls. #5-#7 are actually way up top on my personal list (aka personal bias).

The thing is, yes, I would rather see Mami, Tomoka, Ika-chan, and Alice getting in (Instead of...cough, Iwasawa who has been hated ever since last year and Sora), but it's a fact that they didn't generate enough excitement to get out of prelim in the first place.

Last edited by ion475; 2012-06-22 at 09:38.