View Single Post
Old 2010-06-28, 08:15   Link #13
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You do realise the target demographic of most anime, don't you?

Much as we would like to think otherwise, most anime are made for kids. We could complain that Disney cartoon characters are seldom older than teenagers as well.

If the age of your favourite anime characters bothers you, then that's probably a hint that it's time for you, as a viewer, to move on to shows that target older audiences. Such anime do exist, rare though they may be. Better yet, start venturing out of animation. I'd say it's about time too, as anime seems to have entered a temporary trough, while American TV programming has been getting better recently (reality TV, thank goodness, is finally starting to peter out).

Anime is not at the same creative peak that it was in during the late 1990s to early 2000s, in my opinion. But, of course, that's merely my point of view. Your mileage may vary.
Just look at the fanservice level in those shows, there is no way kid is allowed to watch it.
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou was said to not have any age limit yet sexual themes are simply exploding in it.
Air Gear was said to be for people +17 yet we have a 13 year old hero who runs around naked and is molested by 20 year old pedophile 0_o