View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 01:10   Link #26
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Before I say anything...
Question: When you guys say "filler", it includes all the standoff scenes right? Cause rather than the side stories, I'd like those pointless scenes taken away.

Now then, for my commentaries...
Dragonball series is a classic anime. It was the 'gateway anime' for me and I'm sure it was for a lot of you. Making a remake of it blends it into the new generation of anime, and it takes away that prestige that it had for so long. Perhaps not to the people who already watched the original. But, to future anime watchers, they'll most likely only watch the new version and treat it only as just another series they watched.

Regardless I am pumped to see the remake, and yes I'm a fanatic for DB. I think I've watched the trilogy at least 5 times, not to mention the movies & specials, manga, the games, and all those merchandizes in my posession...
Here's my confession: I've seen DB in Japanese, English, and Korean. And I gotta say DB is one of the series that I think the dub does a better job than the original Japanese recording. And so that being said, I do hope for a dub. I also am excited for new music.