View Single Post
Old 2011-11-05, 15:29   Link #18
chibipicpic

Good episode. I'm actually a bit fond of the down time episodes because it gives the series more room for characterization. If it was just fighting all the time, not only would the series be super short but you wouldn't care at all if characters die. Besides, they have to strategize as well. We can't have everyone running around getting killed several times, now can we?

I was worried about two things, the torture scene (which either they didn't bother to put in in the first place or censored it completely...if you're feeling super morbid, go read the scene on Baka Tsuki. This episode is the start of vol 2) and being able to pare down the conversation with Gilgamesh and Kirei. They have interesting conversations, which sets up everything very well for their relationship later on, but they can get boring since they are also the most philosophical. I think they handled it very well. I also like that this conversation showed a different side of Gilgamesh, that he actually can talk to someone without constantly saying that they're not fit to be in his presence.

A very small thing, in that Gil/Kirei conversation. "Pleasure" would have made more sense than "joy," especially since Kirei was saying that it's sinful. Joy isn't much of a sin. Pleasure, to him, is. What was it translated to in other languages?
chibipicpic is offline   Reply With Quote