View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 22:54   Link #131
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The problem isn't even really Haru's lack of self-esteem. Hell, I used to be the poster child for low self-esteem and depression, but I never once let it hold me down. Haru's biggest problem can be summed up in two words: big ego. Yes, it is possible to have a low self-esteem and a big ego at the same time. Actually, in most cases of the "emo teen", this is exactly what it is.

You've got a kid who's been picked on all his life and for some reason or another, feels the world owes him something because of it. When it doesn't happen, he goes into a spiraling depression. Haruyuki is a classic case of it. He makes big speeches about protecting Kuroyukihime's dream, but as soon as hardship comes, he gives up. He did it against the Red King. He did it again here.

Another sign is the way he doesn't believe his friends, no matter what they do. No matter how much KYH assure him that she loves only him, he still sees her as pitying him and doesn't believe it. His ego won't allow him to. When things don't go his way, he breaks down. When his friends try to help him, he automatically sees it as pity and he lashes out. And maybe it is pity.

His friends aren't helping him, either. Instead of giving into his "woe is me" tantrums, they need to stop enabling him. They need to help him realize that he needs to grow up, get over himself and realize the world doesn't revolve around his fat ass. They need to give him a swift kick in the nuts. Or rush him to a psychiatrist ASAP as he's got a lot more than self-esteem issues going on. He's got Borderline Personality disorder.
That's right to the point there. His arrogance and massive ego (which grew even more to Mount Everest proportions since he has the wings) are the *only* reason he lost to Dusk Taker
First, he easily beats up DT - probably because DT doesn't have much real combat experience. However, when DT is almost finished, what does he do? Finish him? No, he needs to stroke his massive ego first and drag him around, while expecting that DT does nothing and wait passively until it's over. DT of course isn't stupid and sees an opening, and gets back at an unsuspecting Silver Crow.
Really brought the loss about all by himself, just because stumbled over his massive ego. Had he finished DT right there, none of that would've happened. Even if DT would've fought back at the last moment, evading defeat, if haru had kept fighting, DT would've never been able to come close face-to-face (which seems to be neccessary for his special) to steal his wings.

With his wings gone, Haru turns instantly back into the spineless, disgusting wimp he was before, annoying the living daylights out of anyone.
Taku hitting him was the best he could do, this helped him pop out of his psychotic condition somewhat and go fight someone - which incidentally is Ash Roller, who all of a sudden is his best friend ever and tries to help him to overcome his Borderline syndrom and makes him meet some master, who will conveniently teach him some super ability with which to compensate the loss of his wings. Whee. Feels awfully constructed there

And what did he fight for in the first place? Some pathetic blackmail attempt, that no one with at least a tiny bit of common sense and a little bit of backbone would take for full. Only because Haru has neither, it worked on him.