View Single Post
Old 2013-01-17, 22:47   Link #2187
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I like how Shunsui's gone all Nick Fury and is the man in charge but I already the miss lazy, grab-ass Shunsui. Still, he seems to be a more tactical commander than Yamamoto. He's maybe not even among the top 3 most powerful shinigami in the Gotei 13 (if you count Ichigo), but he knows how to best use his soldiers and how to make them stronger.

The Unohana/Zaraki connection is very exciting. Even though it was pretty much given that Unohana was some kind of über badass who was probably hiding a violent side, I would've never guessed she was a Kenpachi. Two characters who've never shared any kind of interaction until now suddenly have a past together--and it was done in a very believable way that doesn't feel contrived.

Also, Unohana's expressions this chapter were spot-on creepy. Kubo did a great job of making her look serene, but somehow as crazy as Zaraki. I'm hoping that thing about her giving up her life (Zaraki's definitely not going to die) turns out to be b.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Chan
I wonder how Isane react if she learned of his past Captain Unohana...
We sure Isane doesn't know? I'm sure Unohana doesn't mention her past, but I don't think she would try to hide it either.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote