View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 05:59   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So according to the PV video, the pairings are based on who would make the best partners.....and they chose Cheria as Asbel's partner over Sophie?? Looking at these pairs of characters they selected from each Tales game, they're obviously not chosen based purely on romantic value. (unless Loyd+Zelos, among other team-ups there, is Bamco selling some bromance....) Cheria was Asbel's romantic interest (despite how they were clearly making Asbel out to have a crush on Sophie in the prologue, but I digress ), but Sophie was his partner.
According to the Aeslia wikia, some time ago there was a poll to see which are the "ideal combinations" and Yuri and Flynn came in first.

So yeah, I guess that's how the 'pairings' are chosen, via polls and fan favorites. Otherwise if we're talking about 'partners', obviously Repede would be Yuri's wingman. And from the past Tales of Festivals skits, I find that Cheria gets more attention than Sophie Likewise, both Loyd and Zelos are insanely more popular than any of their female characters.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote