View Single Post
Old 2010-01-04, 01:42   Link #25
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A wonderful mystery anime. I'm almost shocked this was made by the same group as Higurashi... I wonder if they really want the audience to try and solve everything in a logical manner, with girls flying around and turning into spikes and people teleporting around in the most entertaining outfits.
Well, I'm sure they can answer everything with "It was just a delusion."
Heck, it couldn't even turn into horror, with overdone face distortions that only brought laughter.

Either way, I'd give it a 1/10 for being so disappointing as a person looking forward to a mystery, but I'd say 4/10 because it was so entertaining as a comedy. Too bad 11eyes beat it there.

2nd season?
Heh.
No, I was just laughing over the dragon in the last episode, that's all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
It was a fairly enjoyable ride. I have not played the visual novel, so I cannot draw a comparison, but the overall story was within my expectation from what I know from Higurashi.

There are some arcs that I really liked, such as the third arc. I have always followed the stereotype that Tsunderes are generally the most honest arch-types out there (when showing their dere side). Well, not anymore. My leg got pulled so very perfectly. Couple that trolling with the mention of endless eigh--nine and the voices of Sugita and Ono, I can't help but crack a smile.

There are, however, many instances for which my suspension of disbelief simply shattered. I'm pretty sure that's the point, though, as we're forced to decide whether magic truly exists. Yet, some of the scenes are downright silly. I can't help but laugh at moments that I should not.

With such a diverse cast of character, few stands out as my favorites:
Beato: such an amazing villain. She makes the show what it is-- I hope those Loli witches take notes on how to become badass like her.
Kyrie: A character that, while admitting to her defeat, never had a hysterical outburst. Her jealous side is also pretty sexy.
Virgilia: She came up with the epic troll. How awesome is that?

And the few that I do not particularly like:
Maria: never liked Children, their delusions, and the creepy laughing child arch-type.
Ange: Came out of nowhere and was in line with Maria's fantasies. I also do not like the plot device of: oh this is what happened (or could have happened) in the future. As the witches said, Ange is a high maintenance piece.

Overall, I would give this a 7/10. Pretty fun, and I would definitely watch the second season, if there is going to be one.
Ange didn't really come out of no where though, she was mentioned quite a few times in the novels before she made her on screen debut, and I'm not sure I see the problem with her "being part of Marias fantasies" since Ange was supposed to help deliver the clue that theirs all sorts of magic and that it does actually exist.
Kite22 is offline   Reply With Quote