View Single Post
Old 2011-10-11, 17:55   Link #58
Undertaker

Since we are talking about R+V, Here is my 2 cents.

I'm with Magin on this one that the manga is much better than anime, mainly due to budget restraint and the fact that the title was not popular enough to support a long series which allows them to incorporate manga plot. (second season was a surprise for most).

However, as for as it's place in the ecchi/harem manga go, I still find it to be just slightly above average. the mangaka definitely had talent, but his pacing and frame layout needs works. Story-wise, I find it to be a bet lacking compare to the elite of the genre (and I'm not even putting Light-Novel adaptions into this) say Negima, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and Sora no Otoshimono (All highly recommended if you decide to go read manga, anime adaption are all not quite as good except Sora no Otoshimono). Though I will said R+V is arguably better than Tenjou Tenge and Ikkitousen plot-wise.

In the end, I see it as a so-so title for average fans but above-average title for harem/ecchi fan, a guilty-pleasure type title that is very enjoyable but not spectacular.