View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 17:50   Link #127
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Well, I'd say this is quite a fitting end for Kariya, who was intent on blaming all his sufferings on his rival until the very end. He even had the gall to deny having killed Tokiomi when he had every intention of doing so to begin with, regardless of whether he actually ended up doing it or not. Good riddance.
Just like Aoi blamed Kariya, eh? A fitting end for her. Good riddance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon279 View Post
In Karyia's Mind: what ungrateful bitch, i did, sacrificed and suffered everything for her and her daughter, then she accuses me of what?
Not really. In the novels, he couldn't even recognize it was Aoi he strangled until the end. Kariya's brain was damaged. Let's not forget he had a stroke that paralyzed half of his body and is currently being eaten inside by worms:

Quote:
As a matter of fact, Matō Kariya’s madness was the last fortress left to rescue him. In spite of that, he had even missed that lowliest aid at the last moment – the face of the woman rapidly turning deathly pale due to lack of oxygen was too similar to the image of the beloved woman he cherished so much in his heart – no, it was the very woman herself. At last, Kariya realized that.

“……Ah.”

At the instant both hands loosened up, a sound slipped from Aoi’s mouth.

Collapsing onto the ground with a thud, she had fainted, not budging an inch. Lacking even the sound judgment to differentiate the living from the dead, Kariya thought that just like Tokiomi, she had died.

“Ah, ah……”

He gazed at the hands that had just choked Aoi with all their might. Someone more important than anything else; someone who was the very meaning of his life – those fingers that had plucked that someone away stiffened like they belonged to someone else. But without a doubt, there was no way to deceive himself – those fingers belonged to him.

Like a peal of thunder, he realized. Those fingers squirming so shakily were just like the crest worms creeping about Sakura’s skin.

“AaaaaAAAaaaaaAAAAAAhhhhHHHHHHhhhHH…!”

He clawed at his broken face.

He tore his dried-up hair.

A scream escaped his throat. Whether it was a shriek or a wail, he could not even understand that.

Losing the last bit of sense in him, with only his animalistic instinct, Kariya desperately sought to flee; stumbling, he ran away from the chapel.

The man who had lost everything was greeted by the pitch-black darkness of the starless night.
He was too insane he noticed that was Aoi. Had he been in good condition, he wouldn't have choked her at all. In fact, he would have realized who was behind this (the novel states this later).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-05-27 at 18:05.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote