View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 02:44   Link #56
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Your point has merit. But one worry would be that nobody would want to study medicine because it is a seriously difficult course to go through then earn just as much as a normal lab engineer.

The point of having insurance would be to have a bed to cushion a serious fall that can debilitate or disable a person permanently. The money may not be able to get the body part / life back, but it could be a consolation to the rest of the family members.
That's true but I don't think anyone would expect that a neurosurgeon would make the same salary as a burger flipper. What I was mainly referring to is that simple things like broken bones can rack up a price tag in the thousands of dollars. There's no way in hell it should cost thousands of dollars to set a bone and slap a cast on it. The only reason they can get away with charging that much is because insurance companies are footing the bill.

I understand the desire to have a sense of security for any possible situation that arises, but it's way beyond that at this point.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote