View Single Post
Old 2010-08-17, 17:54   Link #265
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I didn't get the memo that anything non red is any less trustworthy than any white scenes we got before but weirdly don't get so contested like this one.
Then what, do you intent to claim that all flashbacks we have seen so far are lies as well?
Why are you putting words in my mouth? I didn't say it was a lie, I said it was full of crap. There's a difference. You can tell the truth and still be full of crap. Presentation matters, and I do not trust the presentation for a second.

And also, what's with all the white knighting for the veracity of a story steeped in the influence of quite possibly the single most loathsome and untrustworthy person in the entire series?
Quote:
Seriously, the setup was consistent with what we were presented so far, and its purpose.
No, it isn't. In fact, every part of ep7 is fundamentally flawed from almost the beginning of Will's interrogations. We are made to accept a fundamental premise, are essentially bullied into it along with the characters, that there exists a chain of continuity between three characters, only one of whom is confirmed to have ever existed, and that this continuity must be accepted in one, and only one format. Dissent to this notion is flatly ignored as the story progresses, hoping we will forget about it. I like to think this is intentional and not just the writer himself hoping we'll forget. Because I still think this could be a good work, against all odds.

We are then asked to like a shallow caricature who never existed in the episodes supposedly needed to "solve" the mystery, are blatantly and openly mocked for our inability to insinuate such things, and are then effectively told that none of the characters we actually started liking from the start really amount to much. Kyrie and Eva are lucky to come out of things with additional characterization at all.

This character twists other characters into meaningless illusions or shallow mentally disturbed hypocrites who blame other people for their kindness. We're shown a very down to earth, subdued, human Kinzo then asked to conclude he's an incestuous rapist madman. And every time we're asked to justify these characterizations, we feedback-loop back onto the very same premises we were told we must believe in, not because the solid evidence for them allows us to reach no other conclusion, but because things that sound similar must be similar.

Well, I'm not going to do that.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error