Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 19:10   Link #842
Arya

Wow. This episode was quite perfect. The way how every character tried to help Wakana in their own way, each one in-character, faded into the backgrounds that they actually helped her, all together, and not just one white knight. And each one not overdoing it, but giving simply what they had to give. Konatsu as usual unintentionally broke the ice with a "wrong" question, but the way she put it right was adorable. Sawa was outstanding as always, I agree with ThereminVox, she read Wakana perfectly, she was leading the horse, but virtually she took her by hand and leaded her without her realizing it. But the hero has been her father, with no doubts. So caring. I knew that he hadn't given away the piano, I mean, really, he couldn't have done taht, and it was just so right. I liked even how subtlety they remarked that the piano (and everything that was related to her mother) was really important to him too. She was her mother, but even his wife.
Anyways the moment I started cracking was just after her mother made her "selfish" request to her husband and I was thinking that it really was a selfish request, but when she ended the sentence I realized she was right instead, how sad it would have been writing a sad song that would have always reminded of her in that last moments. Then his father started to cry and that was another hit. But the episode was permeated of a bittersweet feeling that never went too far.
Oh, Konatsu was hilarious when trying to hide from Wakana's father and as always I love Sawa and Konatsu interactions.
I keep not liking much the male cast, so I'm not sure if I want to see more about them, but anyways, not that I would really complain

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote