Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 02:52   Link #952
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I really don't get it why a show with such good and constant drama build up sells like shit .-.
Compared to the original VN, the anime version is much fast paced.

I think the main problem is that the story drags and doesn't get to its point until very late in the series. You have this giant build up that lasts for about 3/4 of the game, all because of the way the series been structured.

Take S;G for example. Story really picks up when Rounders showed up (about 1/4 of the story), and stays that way all the way until the end (ok, maybe Feyris and Ruka route/end was more like a side tracking event). The story was clear, and stayed around the main event for most of the time.

However, the story for R;N doesn't pick up until much later. After all this time, what are they trying to do and solve? Solve the problems of the robot so they can take it to the expo? That can't be it, the series is not about that. Solve the mystery of the conspiracy? Haven't seen Kaito do a lot about it, except collecting the reports and dismissing it as crazy talk. Closest thing so far is the robot riot event, but as you can see that months has passed since Frau ending. Mizuha falling does take us back to the conspiracy talk, but you'll see that we still haven't gotten something similar to the "Rounders appearing" event in S;G.

I remember reading comments when the demo first came out - that it was too long and didn't really get anywhere. I remember spending like 2 hours just reading the first chapter, not too impressed, but I already pre-ordered the game already. I don't see myself reading R;N again anytime soon, but I easily can start reading S;G again, even after reading it 3 times already.