View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 02:41   Link #2889
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
You know, it's funny (well, maybe not funny funny), but we've seen Gohan get smacked around plenty before (an especially nasty whipping by Recoome comes to mind), but it wasn't really until now that I actually felt bad for him and realized that we're basically watching a poor, small child get beaten to death. :\

Spoiler:
Guess music really does help. Plus suppose it was just a different feel in the scene. It's odd since against Recoome he was definitely getting hurt much worse and nearly died. Here he isn't that badly hurt, but it just feels just horrible. Maybe because Gohan was fighting so desperately against Recoome while in that scene Gohan was just getting beaten constantly without any defence or resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah. Gohan's ascension to me is one of the most satisfying moments of DBZ. Too bad he takes a back seat again. I will never understand that decision..
That decision is still the thing I dislike hte most about the series. They just make Gohan feel like such a wasted character. If that wasn't enough they make sure to make him feel like a great character again....and then flush his character back down the drain for good measure.

Forget the people technically responsible, I blame the parents. Chichi completely ruined Gohan's character.