View Single Post
Old 2009-01-09, 11:27   Link #33
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Best episode of the entire series. Only one that comes close is season 1 episode 14.

Initially, they have my favorite scene from the game, where it's Akio v. Tomoya. And they did the silence after Tomoya asked for Nagisa's hand in marriage. But, I was angry that they didn't keep Akio's line, my favorite in the game "Idiot, I told you I'd grant you whatever you want. I agreed the moment you asked. Get off the ground." Ah well, can't have everything.
And then they did the graduation, which I was surprised at, but they still managed to do it very well.

But, and episode that got me choked up twice deserves a 10/10. Unfortunately they did not do a new ED, so now the ED is going to get really awkward, IMHO.
Another missing line. Ah, let's pray it won't happen again. (least not too much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
"Do you like school?"

She never really definitively answered the question in episode 1, but I'm sure on the day of her mock graduation, she would have answered very differently. High school will have both some of the best and some of the worst memories one will have.

Her speech, while somewhat corny, is her vindication of sorts to the 5 years she had to spend as pretty much an outcast. Sickly, bad at making friends, awkward and clumsy, she asks herself the question on that April morning at the bottom of the hill. She is unsure of what the answer is, and she only does it so she could pull herself through the day, besides the Anpan anyway.
Yes, this is the right word, thank you. All those speeches.

At the bottom of the hill, a girl asked herself,

- Do you like school? -

5 years later, on the top of the hill, she answered.

-... it's a school that I love so much. Because it's the place I've worked so hard at.-

It was an answer she came up.
This time around with all her confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And finally, I had a huge freakish smile on my face when he said she'd be "Okazaki Nagisa" from now on.
Cheers.