View Single Post
Old 2011-04-20, 20:37   Link #1
Kunagisa

Sword Art Online - Light Novel Discussion

Sword Art Online
ソードアート・オンライン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
Escape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual "death"―.
Without knowing the "truth" of the mysterious next generation MMO, 'Sword Art Online(SAO)', approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle.
Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the "truth" of this MMO.
And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named 'Aincrad', he distinguished himself as a solo player.
Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone.
Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her.
That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito―.
The series is divided into 2 serializations: Web and Dengeki Bunko version. Following info is from Wiki, author's webpage, tomtkp@LK etc.

Web Version
SAO Main Story
SWORD ART ONLINE (SAO1)
SWORD ART ONLINE 2 (SAO2) FAIRY DANCE
SWORD ART ONLINE 3 (SAO3) DEATH GUN

SWORD ART ONLINE 4( SAO4) ALICIZATION
Chapters
7*

308**
Stage
SAO
ALO
GGO
UW
*Length varies between chapters.
**Not typo.

SAO Gaiden
SAOex01
SAOex02
SAOex03
SAOex04

SAOex05
SAOex06
SAOex07
Title
The Black Knight
Four Days
Heart's Temperature
Zekken* (+Epilogue)

Kennai Jikan: A Murder Case in the Area (+ Gaiden **)
Red Nose Reindeer
Moon's Cradle (On Hiatus, currently on ch. 13)
Stage
SAO
SAO
SAO
ALO
SAO
SAO
UW

*絶剣 Absolute Sword (?)
**Will update title as soon as I fix my dead laptop.
RED: Has been adapted to Bunko version.

Others
CALIBRE
Sword Art Online Gaidenx1 16.5 (the legendary good-kids-shouldn't-read or Asuna-is-mai-waifu chapter)
Sword Art Online Gaidenx2 Doujinshi (sold in Comitia 92)
Sword Art Online Material Edition 1-6 Doujinshi (sold in Comitia 95, 2011/2/13)

So ... the lack of discussion of this awesome light novel series disturbs me (and Accel World, but that has no on-going translation), and I decided to make a topic.

Volume 7 was sold earlier this month (4/10?) I believe, and Kirito has gotten even more badass than ever. With the introduction of OSS (Original Sword Skill) you can pretty much assume Kirito's brain's somewhat overpowered in real life as well.
Spoiler for Volume 7:
Anyone else following this series desperately want an anime (manga's art improves but not by much still, or maybe I've just gotten used to the shoujo art)?

Will update more info later, let me know if any info's wrong.

PS: Some very minor spoilers are typed in white color to make the reading a bit smoother, so highlight over it.
PPS: Typing up this post was somewhat murderous.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-04-20 at 20:51.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote