View Single Post
Old 2011-04-09, 21:33   Link #801
Anon4life

The death doesn't sting quite as bad if you've read the alt stories. But I don't think I can take another downer ending anime. I think I'll go back to long series an regular TV for a while.

The one thing I can't fully put into words is why it was such a painful and depressing ending, for me at least. There are three sides to it: I feel bad for Simon, and I felt sorry that Nia's gone, and lastly I hate that I'll never see these lovable characters again in a canon story. I don't know which one is worse though. And usually anime never sucks me into characters lives not to mention romance.

Also, the fact that they will never get to be parents bothers me. I know that TTGL tends to get people motivated, as most people can connect to the whole impossible challenges thing. And for 26.5 episodes it was pretty positive. But As I've shown in my 18 pane comic, the end seems to be more of a Forever-Alone-guy story. So what does that make the male viewer that connects to Simon, or the female viewer that connects to Nia or Yoko? not very motivated for one.

P.S.

One thing that just boggles the mind though, is the idea of someone disappearing in the TTGL universe. If you think about what happened, it would appear as if the molecules in her body suddenly lost their ability to hold mass, charge, AND energy. How does this make sense? Sure she may have previously (in the past [emphasizing comment]) been a an artificial life form, before supposedly Simon changed her to a normal human. But where in the show, has there ever been a scintilla of evidence that things could lose their ability to exist? If she was a projection, then this would be ok. Sure I'd still be sad, but it would make sense, I'd really feel like she'd never truly comeback home alive. Is the idea that somehow the energy from the anti-spirals was the only thing that kept her body stable? if so, that only points to the vain of Simon's effort -that spiral power isn't actually that strong. The mass and charge part are obvious due to the fact that she became no longer solid, but the energy part is derived from the fact that the people in the wedding didn't all die in an atomic explosion (or atleast the standard anime flash of light). So the idea here is that she completely left from existence, as in no more soul, and that Simon will I guess never, not even in heaven meet her again. Anyone disagree?

Perhaps this explains why my homework set vanished into oblivion when I accidentally broke my pencil.

Last edited by Anon4life; 2011-04-13 at 07:14. Reason: P.S.