View Single Post
Old 2013-11-15, 22:18   Link #33227
Leafsnail

I guess you're right about the epitaph.

I am pretty sure the mystery game happened on Prime. It fits well with the bribes, the strange stories that Yasu wrote and the heavy prominence of fake murder plots in episode 5 and 6.

The question then becomes "who was in on it". I think the answer is probably everybody except Battler and 'the detective' for that story (and perhaps to some degree Maria, who wasn't aware that the murders were fake but who was assured that everyone would come back to life at the end anyway). So if she decided to run Legend on Prime, everyone would be in on it except Battler and Natsuhi.

Under this scenario, it's possible that the "detective" made a wrong inference and ended up killing someone because they thought they were the culprit (say) causing a mass panic. Or perhaps they mistook the conspiracy against them for something more sinister than it actually was. Or maybe Yasu dangling gold in front of everyone's faces made them become greedy.

I agree that Yasu is largely forgivable in this theory, but she could probably have realized that putting such highly strung people in this situation may have had terrible consequences.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote