View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 03:56   Link #1518
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, most of the IM@S dance/song numbers are either incomplete, or had lots of cuts out of the actual song & dance number itself.
This is likely a big factor to me. Each of the Love Live! song and dance numbers felt like a special event to me. This is because each one was presented in its entirety, and there were only a few in the entire show. Each one also represented an important plot/group transition of sorts - The original trio to the finally completed 9 to the the coming fall of Honoka to the big reunion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Interesting that I feel the exact opposite when regarding the performances of Love Live vs Idolm@aster. Idolm@ster really struck home with me with the use of the angles, and zero to very little use of cg (or extremely well done cg, since I didn't even notice the transition).

Love Live on the other hand, the cgs make the characters look like plastic, I almost always irk whenever I look at them.
I know what you mean by "the cgs make the characters look like plastic", but it just never bothered me. To me, it gave things a hyper-polished fantasy look that I felt contributed to the charm and magic of the moment. I'd probably feel differently if there were more of these song and dance numbers in Love Live!, but with only a few of them, I felt it was good to make them look a little fantastical.

To be fair to idolm@ster, I haven't watched it in awhile, so my memories of it are a bit faded. I might sit down at some point and watch some idolm@ster song and dance numbers mixed in with ones from Love Live!