View Single Post
Old 2008-04-28, 10:41   Link #61
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
you know, if they have trouble licencing Macross 7 because of all the songs, i dunno what that's gonna say about Macross Frontier considering there is a lot of singing in that too. Maybe not on the scale of Macross 7, but it's certainly going to more then the original or that was featured in Plus and Zero.
From what I gather, the problem with Macross 7 isn't that it has a lot of music, but that the music rights are considered a separate license from Victor Entertainment; and that the asking price for this music has been said to double the price of the license. Similar situations came up when Funimation couldn't secure the music to the OP, or when Bandai Entertainment couldn't get the theme songs for Zeta Gundam.

I don't know if Macross Frontier is in the same boat (it probably isn't since Victor Entertainment produced the music for Macross Plus and a lot of other shows as well), but that snippet of Fire Bomber that we heard in episode 2 might be a problem in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Seriously, i don't want to sound terrible, (sorry Robotech-heathens) but i hope there IS something that is wrong with the licence to Warner Brother.

we need something to force this issue to be resolved, and it's gonna take a wrangle over little details then so be it.
That's why legal action of some kind might well be a good thing. Right now, there's too much doubt surrounding Macross licenses for any R1 company to take a risk (although I've heard that the only thing preventing a re-license of DYRL is the asking price). A clear cut settlement of some kind would clear up that confusion, and open the doors for Macross.