View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 04:58   Link #245
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The thread activity is super-high so forgive me for being unable to keep up with every post. Very interesting anime, I'll definitely keep watching! A few questions:

1) Since the game time is synchronized with the real world, won't everyone die of thirst/hunger in a few days? If 8 floors take a month, game clear is impossible to achieve in one go.

2) The reporter said there were 10k copies of the game. With 200 people dead, the number of people in the plaza still didn't seem anything like even 1,000. Are people able to login in the current situation? Well, even if they can, who would, after hearing today's news?

3) Kirito said the monster spawn is finite. That means that if you're outleveled early on, you're as good as dead. Does a single player clearing the game end it for everyone? If not, crazy programmer's got 10k people hostage and 9,999 definitely on death row.
1)The real life situation was kind of glossed over but there was information sent out to the government and all kinds of news stations about what had happened and that taking the headset off would kill the player, all that stuff. [mod edit: not yet revealed]

2)I think that's just more they can't really show 10,000 people at the plaza. It would be hard to do but yes pretty much 10,000 - 213 were there.

3) it's not finite but in any MMO, if you've ever played one near the start of an expansion or release of game. There is a ton of crowding and fighting over the new content. Kirito is an MMO veteran so he knows he needs to get away from the starting city and the main cluster of other players as fast as possible.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-08 at 16:34. Reason: mod edit: removed spoiler
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote